Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Some Odds and Ends for Sharp Practice AWI Gaming

I figured it was about time for another infrequent post to my blog.  Recently I have been working on what could be called odds and ends.  One of the things I really like about the Sharp Practice wargaming rules is the opportunity to tell stories within the overall scenario.  I like to include civilians (farmers, towns people, etc), animals (farm animals and wild creatures) and miniatures that used together create vignettes.  These could be objectives for the game or could just be there to enhance the scenery.

An Abandoned Beer Wagon
Although the title of the blog indicates that it includes the American Civil War and World War II, I am focusing entirely on the American War of Independence for the time being.  Here is a collection of photos of some of the figures/scenes I have completed:


Cemetary


Soldiers Camp Scene

Blacksmith Scene


Assorted Animals - foxes/geese/hound dog
And of course I'm still paining soldiers:  

Maryland Continental Line (flag by Flag Dude)



In preparation for a game at Historicon, some additional Continentals and the 23rd Regiment of Foot are in the painting stage.  Also my son and I have been working on the Charlie Foxtrot Tidewater Home and hope to have this as the centerpiece of our Historicon game.  Photos to come...

3 comments:

  1. Nice Ed. Where's the blacksmith scene from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John. Those are Fife and Drum miniatures (Minden civilians, specifically). I'm using a number of this line for farm workers, msc civilians, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember where I got the anvil from.

    ReplyDelete

AWI at "A Bridge Too Lard"

On Saturday September 21, John Emmett of Lard America hosted a game day at Huzzah Hobbies in Ashburn Virginia.  Entitled "A Bridge Too ...